This notice of schedule changes was copied from East Coast Alerts by Mel Neale, April 9, 2015.
Changes in Okeechobee Waterway Lock Schedule, April 1, 2015:
a. 33 CFR Navigation and Navigable Waters
1. Notice to Navigation Notice is given that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Jacksonville District will change hours of operation at all five Locks along the Okeechobee Waterway beginning 1 April 2015. Changes will affect operations at the St Lucie, Port Mayaca, Moore Haven, Ortona and W.P. Franklin Locks. Hours of operation will be 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily with lockages at St Lucie and WP Franklin based on Lake Okeechobee’s water level as outlined below.
Lake Okeechobee Level:
1) Above 12.5′ Lock operations on demand 07:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.
2) Below 12.5′ Lock operations every 2 hours (07:00 AM, 09:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM)
3) Below 12.0′ Lock operations 4 per-day (07:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM)
4) Below 11.5′ Lock operations 3 per-day (07:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 4:30 PM)
5) Below 11.0′ Lock operations 2 per-day (07:00 AM, 4:30 PM)
Lake Okeechobee water level can be viewed on the Corps of Engineers web site at http://w3.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/currentLL.shtml
Canaveral Lock near Canaveral Harbor will continue to operate from 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily. (from NOTICE TO NAVIGATION INTERESTS Date: 03/19/2015 NOTICE NUMBER: 003 US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS LOCAL NUMBER: 20150319 JACKSONVILLE DISTRICT)*