I arrived at Marineland Marina a month ago for what I thought would be few days. Why? What happened to my migration south? Maybe I should not tell you this ; I worry you all make this change…
I tell you this as it comes to my mind, no particular order, nor by importance:
- It is clean, perfectly clean.
- It is new, brand new marina
- Prices are VERY affordable. In fact, on a monthly basis, it is MUCH cheaper than moorings you will find in St-Augustine, even for bigger boats.
- Free (yes as in 0.00$) laundry
- Staff is great. They all go further than expected to make sure you like Marineland Marina. I know first hand.
- Marineland Marina is across the A1A road to a beach, large, miles long, and super quiet. I go there everyday for a walk and most of the days I am alone / or we are 3 or 4. In fact on this few miles beach stretch the most people I saw were 6!!! This is rare in Florida, rare in USA, just rare everywhere.
- A1A route is super quiet here. Except Marineland and few houses for rent, there is not much around
- Bike path on this A1A stretch (5 miles north, 5 miles south) is very wide and secure and quiet!
- Many parks and reserves at walking distance
- The Publix is about 4 miles away
- Many restaurants deliver to Marineland Marina
- You can visit Marineland, the other side of the street
- They organise kayak tours, right here at the marina
- Nice restaurant / bars at bicycle distance
- Be sure to mention to Chris the draft of your boat. Most slips are more than 6 feet but some (3 or 4 slips) have less than 5 feet mlw.
- They have nice floating docks for transients.
- Pet friendly marina
How come it is not more known? I think because Marineland Marina has been abandoned for 10 years until they completely rebuilt it 6 month ago / most of cruising guides you have on board are out-dated…
Marc Pilon and Andrée Salette
Sv Ma Muse, still at Marineland Marina for few more weeks
Just wanted to echo everything Marc and andree said, marineland marina is a great facility, we too dropped in for a day or 2 and are now staying a month. The beach is beautiful and this stretch of the ICW is unspoiled and borders a huge nature reserve with many creeks to explore by dinghy and plenty of wildlife to see.
Can’t recommend it enough.
Helen and Dickie
Click Here To View the Cruisers’ Net’s Eastern Florida Marina Directory Listing For Marineland Marina
Click Here To Open A Chart View Window, Zoomed To the Location of Marineland Marina