I arrived at Marineland Marina a month ago for what I thought would be few days. Why? What happened to my migration south? Maybe I should not tell you this ; I worry you all make this change…
I tell you this as it comes to my mind, no particular order, nor by importance:
– It is clean, perfectly clean.
– It is new, brand new marina
– Prices are VERY affordable. In fact, on a monthly basis, it is MUCH cheaper than moorings you will find in St-Augustine, even for bigger boats.
– Free (yes as in 0.00$) laundry
– Staff is great. They all go further than expected to make sure you like Marineland Marina. I know first hand.
– Marineland Marina is across the A1A road to a beach, large, miles long, and super quiet. I go there everyday for a walk and most of the days I am alone / or we are 3 or 4. In fact on this few miles beach stretch the most people I saw were 6!!! This is rare in Florida, rare in USA, just rare everywhere.
– A1A route is super quiet here. Except Marineland and few houses for rent, there is not much around
– Bike path on this A1A stretch (5 miles north, 5 miles south) is very wide and secure and quiet!
– Many parks and reserves at walking distance
– The Publix is about 4 miles away
– Many restaurants deliver to Marineland Marina
– You can visit Marineland, the other side of the street
– They organise kayak tours, right here at the marina
– Nice restaurant / bars at bicycle distance
– Be sure to mention to Chris the draft of your boat. Most slips are more than 6 feet but some (3 or 4 slips) have less than 5 feet mlw.
– They have nice floating docks for transients.
– Pet friendly marina
How come it is not more known? I think because Marineland Marina has been abandoned for 10 years until they completely rebuilt it 6 month ago / most of cruising guides you have on board are out-dated…
Marc Pilon and Andrée Salette
Sv Ma Muse, still at Marineland Marina for few more weeks
Just wanted to echo everything Marc and andree said, marineland marina is a great facility, we too dropped in for a day or 2 and are now staying a month. The beach is beautiful and this stretch of the ICW is unspoiled and borders a huge nature reserve with many creeks to explore by dinghy and plenty of wildlife to see.
Can’t recommend it enough.
Helen and Dickie