Photo by our guest Amy Broman
KLSC Needs Sailing Instructors!
Is sailing your passion? Are you interested in teaching sailing for a living? Become part of our energetic crew and share your knowledge and love of sailing here at Key Lime Sailing Club, Key Largo! We have a few full or part time positions available.
- Housing on land / boat or an anchor location for your boat could be provided.
- We teach mostly “learn to sail” classes aboard 22’ Catalinas, normally one couple or a small family (2 adults & 2 kids) at a time on how to take control and SAFELY sail our boats on the waters the Florida bay.
- Are you kind, patient, and know how to sail? We can teach you how to teach our specific class.
- Over all class time is about 12 hrs per class (two 5-hour days and one 2-hour day).
- If you have an ASA or Boat US Instructor license, much better! We are a small place with lots of boats and room to expand.
- We are also looking to do captained charters from Key Largo to Key West on our 47′ Lagoon Catamaran.
Send your resume to Keylargocottages@keylimesailingclub.com and let us see how we can work together!
If you are looking for a laid back, rustic, quiet, friendly, and fun place for your summer vacation, come down here at Key Lime Sailing Club! Book as early as now and enjoy our summer rates starting May. We also have some open cottages left for April.
Here are our available cottages and dates till June:
Cottage rental includes free use of 22′ sailboat, kayaks, paddle boards, water toys, bicycles, snorkel, & fishing gear! We also give out a free sunset cruise around the Florida Bay!
Sailing lessons and sailboat charters are also available!
Call Theresa 305-451-3438 for reservations or just reply to this email. For more information you can visit our websites www.keylimesailingclub.comand www.keylargocottages.com
Florida Keys Events from April until June
Key Largo / April 20 – 27
Key Largo Conch Republic Days
The week-long family-friendly and lighthearted independence celebration is to showcase the unique historical and cultural characteristics of Key Largo. Visit website for complete event details.
the Florida Keys / October 15 – May 15
Stone Crab Season
Those succulent claws, brought to shore fresh daily from the waters surrounding the Florida Keys, will drip with drawn butter and mustard sauce on the chins of hungry locals and visitors. A series of food festivals during the season celebrate the sustainable seafood resource throughout the Keys.
Key West / May 1 – 4
Key West Paddleboard Classic
During this ocean paddleboard race, participants enjoy a challenging 12-mile course over crystal blue waters, circling Key West through scenic mangroves, passing by the Historic Seaport district and more. The race around Key West is open to paddlers on standup paddleboards, prone boards, outrigger canoes, dory boats, surf skis and kayaks. Other weekend beach and paddling activities are planned.
Contact: Sue Cooper 305-304-4259
Key Largo / May 1 – 4
Humphrey Bogart Film Festival
The second annual Humphrey Bogart Film Festival is to screen a rotating selection of Bogie classics and a group of movies centered around the festival’s theme, Romance. Celebrating the life and films of the man the American Film Institute named “America’s greatest male screen legend,” the festival is the only event of its kind to be backed by the Bogart Estate, which is producing the event in partnership with the Key Largo Chamber of Commerce.
Contact: Key Largo Chamber 305-451-1414
Key Largo / May 15 – 18
Key Largo’s Original Music Festival
Enjoy the food, entertainment and ambiance of Key Largo during this singers and songwriters event. Featuring “on the water” venues, unique entertainers and local musicians. Presented by the Upper Keys Business Group.
Contact: Sue Finney 305-394-3736
Win Free Stays at Key Lime Sailing Club
To our guests and friends, get a chance to go back and vacation at KLSC for free by sending us pictures of your stay here! Win our 4th KLSC Photo Contest and get a 3 free night stay. Check here for details.
Got a talent for video making? Join our KLSC Video Contest and get a chance to win a free 5 night stay! Check here for details.
We at Key Largo Cottages at Key Lime Sailing Club love our guests and we will be happy to have you guys here again for another fun filled and relaxing Florida Keys vacation!
Join our Facebook and Twitter to receive our updates before we send them out to our email subscribers.
Cindy in Reservations is standing by @
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-305-451-3438
Thank you and Sea Yah all in the Florida Keys!
Top 12 Things to Do in The Upper Keys
1.Take a free tour of Key Largo Fisheries,see where most of the fish and lobster in the Keys come from. 1-800-432-4358 www.keylargofisheries.com
2. Complete Senor Frijoles’ Free On-line Key Largo Treasure Hunt. Fill it out and take to Senor Frijoles to win your free gift. 305-451-1592www.senorfrijolesrestaurant.com
3. Take a dip at the Beach at Marker 88, and while you are there, enjoy a refreshing beverage.305-852-9315 www.marker88.info
4. Feed the Tarpon from the dock at Sundowners 305-451-4502 www.sundownerskeylargo.com
5. See the Pontune’s Pirate Ship sail at sunset 305-393-5593 www.pontunes.com
6. Learn Sailing at Key Lime Sailing Club 305-451-3438www.keylimesailingclub.com
7. Get a bird’s eye view of the Keys with Key Largo Parasail 305-747-0032www.keylargoparasail.com
8. Visit the Christof the Abyss Statue and name at least 5 fish on the reef. 305-451-3595
9. Kayak around Key Largo 305-451-3018 kayakfloridakeys.com
10. Visit the Wild Bird Center at feeding time. 305-852-4486www.fkwbc.org
11. Swim with the Dolphins at Dolphin’s Cove or Dolphin’s Plus. 305-451-4060www.dolphinscove.com
12. Visit the Everglades Alligator Farm in Florida City and take an airboat ride 305-247-2628