You, as a user of Cruisers Net, in consideration for the conditional right to post and view content herein, agrees as follows:
1. All postings hereon are subject to the editorial control of the owner of this interactive computer service provider or the authorized agent(s) thereof.
2. All postings by, on behalf of, or related to this user are intended to be published on the internet and are subject to removal, withdrawal, rejection or other necessary editorial control, and the user, for him/her/itself and any heirs, successors, administrators, executors, successors, agents and affiliates and assigns, as applicable, hereby waives any and all claims arising out of, or related to, any editorial action by this interactive computer service provider or any owner, affiliate or authorized agent thereof.
3. User, for him/her/itself and any heirs, successors, administrators, executors, successors and assigns, as applicable, acknowledges that his or her or its use of this bulletin board may be terminated at any time, for any reason, by the interactive computer service provider or the authorized agent thereof, and this user for him/her/itself and any heirs, successors, administrators, executors, affiliates, successors, agents and assigns, as applicable, hereby knowingly waives any and all rights, claims and cause(s) of action against the interactive computer service provider, and any and all owner(s), authorized agents and assigns thereof, which arise out of, or relate to, any termination of posting privileges or other termination of the use of this bulletin board.
4. This interactive computer service provider, and all owner(s) and authorized agents, is/are immune from any legal liability for any allegedly slanderous, libelous obscene or copyrighted matter posted hereon by another information content provider, provided, furthermore, that user, for him/her/itself and any heirs, successors, administrators, executors, successors, agents and assigns, as applicable, hereby agrees to defend and indemnify the interactive computer service provider, and its owner and his agents and assigns, of and from any and all claims, civil actions, demands, and damages arising out of or related to any postings by or attributable to this user on this interactive computer service provider; and
5. Any and all claims and causes of actions against the interactive computer service provider and/or its owners and authorized agents, shall be arbitrated under the provisions of the North Carolina Arbitration Act. The place of arbitration shall lie exclusively in Alamance County, North Carolina. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of North Carolina.
6. Please note that channel conditions, depths, references to navigational aids and almost all on-the-water navigational and anchorage data is subject to change at any time. While we have been careful and attempted to verify all anchorage information, on-the-water conditions may be QUITE different by the time of your arrival. Failure to follow current on-the-water reality, even when it differs from the data contained in this anchorage directory, can result in expensive and dangerous accidents. There are potential hazards in any cruising situation, for which captains, navigators and crew are solely responsible.
7. No member of the Salty Southeast Cruisers’ Net make any guarantee as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained within this Anchorage Directory, and will not accept any liability for injuries or damages caused to the reader by following this data!’
8. A word about anchorage Lat/Lon co-ordinates given in the Anchorage Directory:
We have included APPROXIMATE latitude and longitude positions of the recommended anchorages within this Anchorage Directory. All of these lat/lon positions are presented strictly for informational purposes; they must NOT be used as GPS or Loran way points!
There are several reasons why. GPS readings give mariners a straight-line distance or bearing to the intended way-point destination. Straight-line tracks do NOT take into account such vagaries as shoals you will need to avoid, peninsulas you will be unable to cross, or islands that just seem to get in the way.
Please also note that anchorage Lat/Lon positions are given to help generally locate an overnight anchorage. With few exceptions, mariners need not drop the hook at the exact location given. Within most creeks, bays, and other sheltered bodies of water appropriate for anchorage, there will likely be many places where you can rest comfortably and safely for the evening, swinging tranquilly on the hook.