COVID-19 Update: Riviera Dunes Marina Resort, on the Manatee River, off Tampa Bay
April 2 2020
Procedures and Guidelines in compliance with the recent Governor’s Order, and under the Florida Emergency Condominium Act
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued a statewide Stay-at-Home Mandate that will go into effect Friday morning at 12:01 am. The order states: ” All persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities”. Riviera Dunes Marina will adhere to that order, and will set policies and rules pursuant to that Order as well as under the Florida Emergency Condominium Act, Section 718.
Our primary goal is the safety, health and well-being of all of our owners, employees, tenants and liveaboards.
1) Riviera Dunes Marina has already instituted a policy closing the Marina Office to everyone; no one except Marina employees will be allowed in the office; all owners and tenants must do business with the office over the phone. We will remain open and available via phone at 941-981-5330 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Saturday. Any mail and package deliveries received can be picked up by calling ahead to the Marina Office and we will make arrangements to have your items set outside for you to retrieve.
2) Effective immediately our docks will be open and accessible ONLY to our owners and tenants. This means that no guests will be permitted and no guest parking passes will be issued. Compliance will be monitored by our staff. Dock gates will remain closed and new gate codes will be issued.
3) Vessel repair persons/companies will not be permitted on the docks except for emergency mechanical or electrical repairs. All such emergency access must be approved by the General Manager before vessel repair persons enter the docks.
4) Divers performing boat bottom cleaning, replacement of anodes (zincs), and servicing of through-hull fittings for air conditioning, engines, generators, etc., are permitted, provided they contact the marina office by e-mail the day before their work is scheduled, and provide a list of 1) each boat on which they will be working, and 2) the names of the diver(s) who will be working. If they fail to comply with this advance notice, they will be denied access to the marina.
5) Persons or companies engaged in boat washing, waxing, compounding, or cosmetic repairs, etc. are not permitted on the docks.
6) Boat brokers/sales persons and their clients are not permitted on the docks.
7) The swimming pools will be closed.
As a commercial Condominium Association, RDM provides numerous essential services to our residents and owners, including daily trash pick-up, water service and pump-out services to those owners and tenants. The Marina’s fuel dock will also continue to be open. Use of the laundry facility will continue as an essential service.
We will continue providing these essential services to our owners and tenants during this statewide Stay-At-Home Mandate. We know that some of these rules may be difficult, but we have made careful choices to limit access to our docks to those people and services who are essential.
We ask that you please continue to take the proper precautions of hand washing, distancing, covering coughs, etc., and to refrain from social gatherings, especially groups of more than 10 on the docks and in public areas. Even with groups of that size, proper distancing must apply.
We owe it to each other as owners, employees, tenants, or as members of our live-aboard community, to do our absolute best to keep each other safe.
Dated: April 2,2020
Riviera Dunes Marina
(941) 981-5330 Office